Monday, August 16, 2010

Reminisce with me --

Here it is my LAST monday of SUMMER!!
I, Jessica, will start my Senior year of high school in ONE WEEK!
Woo, I am excited and sad. It is one huge bittersweet moment.
I think about it and get happy and sad at the same time.
It will be my LAST first day of grade school.
That one line hits so hard.

I maybe 17, but I can still reminisce on the good ole days.

I remember being in Kindergarten, where the first day was my SCARIEST moment. My mom and dad wake me up bright and early. Dad made my breakfast while my mom was getting me dressed and doing my hair. I eat while my parents got ready. I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, quitely crawled in the truck. I stared out the window on the way there answered a few yes and no questions from my parents when they asked the simple. Are you excited? Will you behave? Are you going to make new friends? I didn't really want to start school. They park the truck, I was looking around at all the kids excited to be at school. They all had they parents hands pulling into the school. I was clentching my moms and dads hands looking around in terror. I felt so SMALL. My parents introduced me to the teacher and she then showed me where I could put my bag and where I would sit. I didn't want to let go of my mom or dad. They were my safe zone, I was comfortable with them and only them. After my parents settling me in, it was time for them to leave. I was upset, I didn't want them to leave. I threw a fit. Yes, that was me the kid that cried when her parents left. They kissed me calmed me down and reassured me it was going to be ok. I was so scared and upset, but I toughed through the day. I kept to myself only talking when spoke too. By the time lunch rolled around I was a little less scared. I talked with a couple of class mates, went to the room then out side for recess where the fun really began. We got to meet all the other classes of kids. I opened up had a great time got back to the room and it was nap time. I didn't want to nap I wanted to talk, but the teacher made me lay still. We finished out the day and headed home on the bus. My mom was waiting at the bus stop I ran too her and hugged her like I hadn't seen her in years. She asked how my day was and I proceeded to say AWESOME!!

I miss the days where your mom and took you too the class room.
It is hard to look back to kindergarten year and not smile.
I have spent 14 years in this house and 12 of it at school.
I have known everyone in school for 12 years.
I am glad to call them my class mates.
I am not ashamed of my class!
I have grew up with them.
They are my family.
I love them.

I will honestly never forget any of my class mates.
Come on Tarkingtion High School Class Of 2011!
Lets make this year,
OUR YEAR!


Needless to say, I am ready for my senior year.
I want to make memories.
What is your favorite Senior year memory?
What about your favorite school memory?
Share with me as I reminisce.



Photobucket


I figured I might be teasing you with one picture a post so here is a few!

1 comment:

  1. jessica i would tell you about my senior year but you were there the whole time : )

    ReplyDelete